Job Order ID: 5451
Employment Type: Direct
Job Location: Buffalo NY
Full Stack Software Developer – Direct Hire – Buffalo, NY (North Towns)
Local growing and stable company is seeking a highly intelligent Software Developer with extensive programming experience developing web-enabled applications to join their staff. The ideal candidate is a problem solver and solution focused, first and foremost.
It should be known that the programming language doesn’t matter as much as crafting quality and simplistic solutions. Should not be afraid to try new things and tackle new platforms.
This dynamic, challenging, creative, and empowering position is ideal for a visionary and self-motivated problem solver.
Project work will include a migration to the cloud, significant work with an enterprise ERP system, developing web services APIs, among many more.
There is an existing .NET platform, and much of the new development is in open source technologies including PHP and others.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications (scalability)
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization (code reviews).
- Ability to write and automate routine tasks (e.g. report generation, system statistics / resource utilization)
- Ability to design, develop and test various applications, including: Windows Services, SPA websites, REST APIs
- Ability to construct queries against MS SQL databases, MySQL databases
- Ability to design databases / schemas for both MS SQL and MySQL
- Knowledge of the Linux and Windows platforms
- Cloud Platforms: Azure, AWS
- MS SQL Server
- Version Control: Git
- C# / ASP.NET MVC
- ReactJS, React Native
- HTML, CSS
- REST architecture; PHP REST frameworks (e.g. slim)
Additional experience with (optional, but nice-to-have)
- Python, Django
- Android App Development (using Cordova)
- Raspberry pi / IOT
Competitive benefits package & great work environment
- Generous Health care plan
- Merit based, flexible scheduling including some remote
- Great work life balance
- 401(K) matching
- Generous vacation/personal time
- Low stress work environment, no ridged deadlines
- Casual dress code
- Walls to scribble and brainstorm on
- Play Wii with your teammates during downtime