Job Order ID: 5204
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Job Location: Dulles VA
Technical Security Engineer – Long Term Contract – Dulles, VA
- Perform vulnerability scans, analysis, validation and remediation activities.
- Perform network and application penetration testing.
- Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of environment’s risk level, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats.
- Engineer application, system and network security solutions to meet security requirements for varied operating environments.
- Research and assess new threats, vulnerability security trends and security alerts, recommend remedial action.
- Work with customers to oversee remediation of identified security issues.
- Perform technical and non-technical compliance activities.
- Provide security subject matter expertise to product teams including developers and system administrators.
- Perform security validation for configuration settings on different systems.
- Security background preferred
- Scanning and Cloud experience
- Degree not required, would need at least a certification
- A strong interest in the field of information security.
- Fluent in a variety of web application protocols, operating systems and networking technologies.
- Strong Understanding of common network vulnerabilities, OS vulnerabilities (Linux,
- Windows and OSX), patching and attack patterns.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and engineering skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and strong customer service skills.
- Experience with parsing / analysis of large data sets (e.g. vulnerability scan results).