Employment Type: Contract
Job Location: Buffalo, NY 14221
Direct Hire – Accounting Analyst – Buffalo, NY
Under the direction of the Finance Director, the ideal candidate for the Accounting Analyst position will maintain all accounting records for the centralized administration office for multiple medical practices. The candidate will demonstrate strong analytical, technological, communication and organizational skills and must be able to coordinate the accounting information and management to and from the various divisions. This position requires work experience in maintaining the integrity of assets, revenue and expense general ledger accounts through and including month end close.
Must be capable of the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Review Balance Sheet and Income Statement for reasonableness and to ensure accuracy.
- High volume income evaluation and allocation to multiple cost centers from multiple income sources on a daily and monthly basis.
- Maintain Accounting transactions for all aspects of general ledger revenue and expense accounts for multiple Medical Divisions and practice locations in a cost center environment.
- Update and maintain all accounting journals including Cash receipts, Payroll and Vendor Ledgers.
- Responsible for all Bank reconciliations, including cash balance management.
- Reconcile Payroll Trial balance to Payroll reports.
- Prepare various monthly reconciliations and reports and assist in monthly close process with Director of Finance.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting inconsistencies.
- Assist with New York State use tax requirements.
- Assist with research/ reconciliation/ad hoc projects as needed.
- Offsite travel may be required as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates prioritizing, planning and organization skills
- Strong data entry and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Ability and willingness to meet critical deadlines
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in MEDENT highly desired or other Medical billing software systems
- High Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, charts, filters, formulas, formatting)
- Experience with QuickBooks online accounting software
- Payroll experience with software systems is preferred
- Ability to understand and interpret payroll reports is required
Want access to Buffalo’s hidden job market? Bookmark this link for access to exclusive jobs unavailable on public job boards: Buffalo Jobs | IT Jobs, Accounting Jobs, and Finance Jobs | Contact us today for more information