Employment Type: Direct
Job Location: Buffalo, NY 14224
Java SAAS Developer – Direct Hire – Buffalo, NY
Are you a fearless team leader who tackles the most complex projects with gusto? Are you looking for a challenge that will boost your career into the stratosphere? Stop whatever you’re doing, dust off your CV, and apply for this position today. Because positions like this come up once in a blue moon.
Our Client is looking for a superstar!
Are you an experienced, full stack lead software developer with proven technical chops and leadership skills itching to do great things such as spearheading the design and development of new multi-tenant, SaaS versions of our industry leading barcode, forms, RFID, and RTLS software products?
This is what we expect you’ll bring to this position: system architecture and design, database design (relational, object-oriented, cloud, blockchain), Java programming, testing, release control, setting team priorities and meeting deadlines. You will be expected to initiate and have your team complete projects with professionalism and enthusiasm, working closely with all members the software development and maintenance teams, including outsourced resources. In short, this position is your vision come to life.
The principal software language across all supported platforms is Java. You’ll play a key role in determining application architecture and design, standards setting, software development, the testing process, managing source control, the build and patch processes, and driving the development and maintenance of build automation tools and internal support systems. Of course, clear and complete documentation of design, modifications, fixes, and features is essential. And you’re the sort of tech professional who wouldn’t code any other way.
Here's what you’ll need to fulfill this critical mission. You must be familiar with designing multi-tenancy SaaS for scalable performance and security. You must also possess deep knowledge of technology stack options and distributed infrastructure and platforms. And, you should have specific experience implementing device-independent UI, Web Services and developing interfaces using REST and SOAP.
So, are you a one-of-a-kind talent? We’ve got a home for highly skilled software team leads like you. In fact, our employee retention rate is sky high. Our client is a supportive, creative, swing-for-the-fences kind of environment where employees are rewarded, treasured, and tend to stay for years.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 6+ years commercial software development leadership experience including all stages of the lifecycle
- 5+ years Cloud development (AWS, Oracle, Google, Azure, and/or IBM) and related skills
- 4+ years Java development experience
- Team leading experience
- SaaS experience — preferably experience taking a non-SaaS product and making it a SaaS product
- 4 + years’ experience with JDBC and SQL, preferably using ORACLE or SQL Server
- 4 + years’ experience with JSP, J2EE, XML, RESTful, SOAP and Web Services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required
- Experience with source control systems, defect tracking systems, unit test frameworks
- Well versed in latest system design techniques, software engineering and testing protocols best practices
- System design of complex software products
- Outstanding decision making and problem-solving ability
- Good multi-tasker capable of juggling numerous assignments
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Very good to excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to quality
Desired Experience and Knowledge:
- Administration of a variety of operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux
- Familiarity with bar code printing concepts
- Understanding of RFID concepts
- Experience with ERP and WMS applications such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, JDE, JDA