Employment Type: Direct
Job Location: Buffalo, NY 14222
Direct Hire – Payroll and HRIS Leader – Buffalo, NY
We are seeking a dedicated HRIS & Payroll Manager to oversee Human Resources technology, analytical reporting, and payroll processing for one of our top local clients. This role is responsible for maintaining the HR Information System, delivering insightful analytical reports, and managing bi-weekly payroll for North America (U.S. and Canada). This position is customer service-oriented and works collaboratively with HR and Finance, providing consulting, analytics, and project management support. The ideal candidate is analytical, methodical, organized, and detail-oriented. This is a full-time on-site position.
SALARY $85K+ DOE
- Serve as the HR Information System (ADP Workforce Now) subject matter expert.
- Create and analyze robust reports as requested by the business, including monthly HR metrics dashboards in partnership with Talent Acquisition.
- Ensure data integrity for the global HRIS.
- Collaborate with the global HR team to input employee data changes into ADP Workforce Now.
- Develop key performance indicators, quality metrics, and reporting in collaboration with cross-functional partners and vendors.
- Provide necessary training to end-users for system effectiveness.
- Constantly research and evaluate alternative solutions/technologies for operational enhancements.
- Support the merit and bonus program through accurate reporting.
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives in line with organizational goals.
- Manage the payroll process and accounting duties using ADP HRIS/Payroll system for multi-state and multi-site in-house payroll.
- Ensure data accuracy in the collection, calculation, and input of payroll information.
- Approve changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and cost center/department transfers.
- Calculate and process employee and employer tax liabilities, including year-end reporting (W2s).
- Stay informed about federal, state, and local legal requirements and ensure compliance.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of payroll operations.
- Review, audit, and correct discrepancies as needed.
- Keep sensitive matters confidential.
- Perform other duties and projects as required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills for report creation and manipulation.
- Ability to influence decisions and persevere in change management.
- Tolerance for ambiguity during necessary transitions.
- Accurate and efficient data input.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, or a related field. Relevant job experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- 5-7 years of experience in HRIS and payroll processing.
- Strongly preferred experience with ADP Workforce Now or Paychex, with custom reporting skills desired.