Employment Type: Direct
Job Location: Buffalo, NY 14222
Direct Hire – Payroll and Benefits Administrator – Buffalo, NY
Our client is seeking a meticulous and experienced Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing payroll processing and managing group benefit programs. If you have a strong background in payroll and benefits administration, we encourage you to apply.
SALARY $80K DOE
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for all employees.
- Enter payroll changes as directed by HR, including rate adjustments, status changes, new hires, terminations, and benefit deductions.
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies and respond to employee inquiries.
- Collect and record employee reimbursements.
- Prepare payroll reports and accounting entries.
- Monitor employee time-off balances and report attendance issues.
- Enter PTO, vacation, and leave of absences into the payroll system.
- Prepare manual checks and submit necessary paperwork for payroll-related payments.
- Monitor the time attendance program for compliance with company policies.
- Provide pay-related documents as requested.
- Prepare new hire orientation materials and conduct orientations.
- Generate data for various reports and update payroll procedures.
- Stay updated on payroll-related laws and regulations.
- Maintain employee information in ADP.
- Administer and manage company benefit programs, including health care, dental/vision, life insurance, disability programs, workers' compensation, FSA, 401(k), and Profit Sharing Plans.
- Submit employee notifications for changes and terminations to the benefit broker.
- Review and approve benefit vendor invoices.
- Administer leave programs and manage Employee Health Insurance Reimbursement program.
- Review and enhance benefit programs, coordinating open enrollment and renewal evaluations.
- Schedule and coordinate annual open enrollment meetings.
- Update ADP with open enrollment changes.
- Administer the 401(k) and PSP plan, performing annual censuses and audits.
- Work with external consultants for employee retirement meetings.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Manage NYS Termination and COBRA documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with at least five years of payroll and HR experience.
- College degree and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.