Employment Type: Direct
Job Location: Buffalo, NY 14222
Direct Hire – Strategic Sourcing Manager – Buffalo, NY
Our client's Supply Chain Group is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Indirect Supply Chain Director, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping our global supply chain strategy. This role involves identifying and selecting strategic suppliers, negotiating long-term agreements, managing supplier relationships, and ensuring the success of our sourcing initiatives. If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for procurement and supply chain, we invite you to apply.
SALARY $165K+ DOE
- Lead the strategic sourcing process, collaborating cross-functionally to develop sourcing strategies, identify suppliers, conduct spend analytics, perform market analysis, and negotiate long-term agreements in the IT and Telecom categories across multiple Operating Groups and sites, both regionally and globally.
- Influence decision-making at all levels of the organization, supporting various stakeholders and suppliers to achieve results aligned with the sourcing strategy.
- Conduct global market research to identify potential new suppliers based on competitiveness, capability, and business needs.
- Execute RFQs for designated categories, evaluating supplier capabilities, risks, pricing, and services with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Develop supply channels and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to optimize TCO, drive continuous improvements, identify cost-saving opportunities, and mitigate supply chain risks.
- Demonstrate expert-level skills in global negotiations and contract development, ensuring that negotiated outcomes are accurately reflected in the final contract language.
- Assist in the development, documentation, and implementation of procurement policies and procedures.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree preferred in Business Administration Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Desired qualifications would include Certification in Purchasing, Supply Chain, additional education, and a master’s degree in Business.
- More than seven years of progressive experience in manufacturing or a related field.
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams, self-motivated, and committed to achieving organizational goals and objectives.
- Exceptional communication skills, both internally and externally, with customers and suppliers.
- Strong analytical abilities to facilitate complex supply chain decision-making.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of contractual requirements, business systems, and processes.
- Experience: 7+ to 10 years
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required: No
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to Travel: Occasionally